Ripple Effect is nothing without the community of people that supports and endorses our work.
We value everyone who chooses to engage with us. We want to build relationships guided by our values of integrity, stewardship and accountability, so that together we can help hard working families in Africa to transform their lives for the better.
Our promise to you
- We will always ensure your support makes the maximum difference, so your actions will directly transform the lives of families in Africa. We will do this by managing Ripple Effect in a professional and efficient way at all times. Our actions will always focus on achieving our vision and mission
- We will update you about the impact your support is having. We will also show you other ways to get involved by providing updates about families who have benefited, what the projects have achieved and news from the countries we work with
- We will inspire you to get involved in positive and creative ways, never underselling our work or portraying the families we work with in a disrespectful way
- We will work with you to fundraise and help ensure Ripple Effect has the funds needed to support people in the best way possible, so that together we can deliver our promises
- We have never, and will never, sell, trade or rent your personal information to anyone.
- We will always respect your wishes on how you prefer to be contacted. Our Supporter Care team can help you manage the frequency of communications you receive from us and can help you if you do not want to hear from us again
- We will co-ordinate all our communications, so that we can keep you updated in a sensible way but ensure you don’t hear from us too often
- We will always listen and learn. If we make a mistake, we will always be honest and apologise, and learn from the experience so that we can do better
- We have a responsibility to ensure that we treat all supporters fairly and honourably. Read more about our Vulnerability Policy here
We always work to best practice and legal guidelines in all our marketing communications. This includes the Codes of Fundraising Practice, the Data Protection Act 1998, Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations (PECR) and General Data Protection Regulation (2016) We will be registering with the new Fundraising Regulator shortly. Our UK Board of Trustees is accountable for all our fundraising activities and work with our staff to ensure our actions are in line with these frameworks.
We are committed to ensuring our dealings with supporters are respectful. Supporter Care team are always sensitive to signs that may indicate that the individual is in vulnerable. Visit our vulnerability policy to read more.
How to get in touch
Our Supporter Care team is available between 9am to 5pm Monday to Thursday to answer any questions or solve any problems for you. We will aim to answer your telephone call within four rings or - at busy times - as soon as the next member of the team is free. We will acknowledge receipt of your email within 24 hours during the working week. If we can’t answer your query immediately we will give a full reply within 3 working days.
We hope that you never have reason to make a complaint. However if you are unhappy with any aspects of the way that Ripple Effect communicates with you, then please do contact us so we can put things right. We welcome all feedback and take any complaint very seriously.