Garden Twinning is a charity gift that plants hope for a family in Kenya.
Twin your community garden (that could be your church or school gardens or your allotment) with Ripple Effect and your donation of £120 could help families living in rural Migori, Kenya, with three years training in sustainable organic farming. Starting with small kitchen gardens, families can grow enough to eat, set up small businesses, send their children to school and go after their dreams.
In recognition of your community's donation of £120, you’ll receive:
- a sustainable wooden plaque to display in your garden
- a vegetable growing guide from Charles Dowding, our no-dig expert
- wildflower seeds to get you started on your Garden Twinning adventure
- a garden twinning certificate to display inside your church or community space, and an opportunity to have a speaker attend one of your meetings to help bring our work to life
- plus, we can’t wait to share the practical techniques families in rural Africa are using in their own gardens to fight hunger and the climate crisis
Having a Ripple Effect speaker attend your meeting is an excellent way of bringing our work to life. If we are unable to meet in person, we can arrange a meeting online. Book a speaker now.
To find out more about the difference your donation will make, or if you have any further questions, please read our FAQs.
Please note, Garden Twinning is only available to customers in the UK. Unfortunately, we are unable to post Garden Twinning packs overseas. If Garden Twinning orders are placed with an overseas address, it will be treated as a donation only and a pack won't be sent. Your donation will support our Women of Migori project in Kenya.